My semester is almost over. Just one more class, one more test. This has been the least stressful of my semesters so far. Likely because I learned some lessons and tried some new survival techniques. They are as follows:
1. Sleep. Staying up late into the night, reading and working, only leaves a tired student struggling to stay awake and focused the next day. Getting a full night of sleep, left me able to be more productive during the day.
2. Eat. Breakfeast, lunch, and Dinner. Eat well. It’s fuel.
3. Set small goals. Write a little on that paper each day, rather than tackling it all on one day. This really worked well for my studio classes.
4. Honor my limits. I stopped comparing myself to my classmates. I know what I am capable of and I work to that.
5. Remember…this is about learning, not about getting the A. I had to remind myself of that several times.
6. Be grateful. I’m in Art School! How lucky am I!
One more class, one more test…yippee!