the only way out is through…
oil on canvas 30″x10″
a poem from 2008Yesterday I raced desperately around the globe snatching trinkets like a pirate only to still them on my mantle merely empty relics Today I walked with blindfold on the arm of a man I just met and discovered All I had longed for was below my still feet
change your thoughts and you change your destiny
translated directly from AramaicO Cosmic Birther of all Radiance and Vibration. Soften the ground of our being and carve out a space within us where your Presence can abide. Fill us with your creativity so that we may be empowered to bear the fruit of your mission. Let each of our actions bear fruit in accordance with our desire. Endow us with the wisdom to produce and share what each being needs to grow and flourish. Untie the tangled threads of destiny that bind us, as we release others from the entanglement of past mistakes. Do not let us be seduced by that which would divert us from our true purpose, but illuminate the opportunities of the present moment. For you are the ground and the fruitful vision, the birth, power and fulfillment, as all is gathered and made whole once again.
I finally made it back into my studio. Too much time has passed…too much work leaving me little time and even less energy to paint.
oil on canvas
This is my first passport photo, circa 1968…I was having a rough day.
I’m having a rough day today as well, I feel today like I did then. Here’s my top 10 list of things that have made my week miserable so far…and it’s only Monday.
1. I’ve made 3 separate phone calls to 911 in a 2 day period. (none of which involved me personally having an emergency, just me personally witnessing an emergency that required a 911 call)
2. I offended someone via an email, unintentionally.
3. The person in #2 above is pissed.
4. Despite my apology, the person in #2 and #3 is now sending passive aggressive emails directed at me.
5. My injured shoulder is at its worst.
6. I have no days off this week between my two jobs.
7. My air conditioning is broken…which means 1. no air conditioning in a very hot West facing apartment…2..$$$ to fix it.
8. I’m missing my grown children terribly much…my son’s birthday is this month, which just makes me sad that I won’t spend it with him.
9. The new, high anticipated, dog park just opened…and to be honest, it really sucks…it’s hot, there’s no water for the dogs, it’s very tiny, our ball rolled under the fence 3 times because it’s just poorly designed. Incidentally, I’m not the only one that says it was designed by someone who obviously doesn’t own a dog.
10. It’s only Monday…
Things that didn’t make the list..getting yelled at by two parents of kids I serve, my stomach issues flaring up, missing my husband as we work opposite schedules and never have a day off together, …I should stop…