Posted on March 28, 2015
Posted on March 22, 2015
I’ve been and off and on vegetarian for my adult life. I am not sure what finally made it sink in now, finally click. But I can no longer eat animals. Can’t. Won’t. I wish I could have figured it out sooner.Maybe the video below is what helped me. (It’s not an awful slaughterhouse video, just a lovely mother cow wanting to love her baby)
Posted on March 21, 2015
Posted on March 16, 2015
Posted on March 9, 2015
I had a really great weekend.
Sometimes when things are really wonderful it is hard to write about them. I am afraid of leaving some part of the goodness out. In leaving out the details I fear I’ll feel ungracious and ungrateful. Right now, I am feeling very full and very blessed.
My art show opened this past Friday. Coincidentally it was also my birthday. I am sharing the March showing at The Gallery at WREN in Bethlehem, New Hampshire with Lucy Golden, a jeweler. Lucy makes beautiful pieces inspired by the natural world..mostly insects, but flowers too and other things. Her pieces are bright and whimsical, a lot like my paintings. Our work was very complimentary.
Below are images from the show, in no particular order. It was a such a wonderful night. Many of my new friends came. People were so kind and very generous with praise. I felt very very lucky.
Posted on March 3, 2015
I painted a loon several years ago, that I loved and then traded with a friend. I’ loved that loon and have tried to “redo” it several times…to no avail. This piece is the closest I’ve come; I love the wing especially, even more than that first loon.
Posted on March 1, 2015
This week I will mark my 49th birthday.
I’m actually looking forward to 50. I look forward to feeling free enough to be who I am. I wish I were there yet, but in reality I am not. I worry about what people think, still, and way too much. I have put off my dreams and adventures for too many reasons to count..but really I can only cast blame on myself.
This next year I vow to be more courageous. I will put myself on my the top of priority list. Really. Truly.
Below is my list of what I hope to accomplish
1. dancing weekly
2. a regular yoga practice
3. promoting myself as an artist
4. painting..expanding my skill as an artist
5. spending a long day in the woods several times a months
6. regular hikes with Luka
7. eating more fresh vegetables…DAILY; eating better in general
8. planting a garden..even a small one
9. communicating more with my children
10. letting go of stress
11. setting boundaries
12. letting go of stuff..decluttering
13. being present with those I’m with
14. becoming a better listener
15. less time on this computer
16. journaling regularly
17. swimming every chance I get this summer
18. being kinder to myself
19. saying yes more often to opportunities
20. saying no to obligations I really don’t have energy or desire for
21. projecting and supporting positive thought, actions, words
I’m sure I could add to this list, but these are the most important to me right now. They also lead to creating the life I want and to becoming the person I want to be.